Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our computer crashed...

Our two-year-old computer went ker-plunk on us last night. We lost EVERYTHING.

I'm most devastated that we lost MOST of our pictures. That is the thing I hate the most about the digital camera...I off-load the pictures onto my computer then never put them to a disc or anything. So, I lost all my pictures that we took when we visited Grandma for the last time before she died. I'm heartbroken. Thankfully I have two printed off at school that I can reproduce them into other prints, but I'm still very sad.

Lesson learned? After our computer comes back from the grave I will buy a jump drive and will be DILIGENT to save EVERYTHING to that drive so that in the event this happens again, my life won't be so crushed.

Don't know when I'll next be able to blog...as I'm illegally blogging from work right now...but I will try my best to hop on when I can!

~Kristen

5 comments:

Tina said...

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I had lost all my recent pics because dh had yet to back them up. I was so heartbroken. I hope you get back on line soon.

Tiffany said...

Im so sorry!!

You can also load some onto picasa.com through gmail. Thats how I save some of my more cherished pictures!

Good luck! I cant wait until you are back to blogging. I love your posts!

TIffany (lurker)

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

JUst so you know...you may still be able to recover your lost documents. Check with Best Buy or Curcuit City they have places right by the enterance of the store (geek squad, etc)

I guess I will be buying a second hard-drive for all my pics.

Good Luck with the recovery

Emily said...

Yikes! A computer place might be able to rescue your files - we are facing a similar issue right now. GL!!! Also - congrats on your students passing that is AMAZING- I am just getting caught up! You should be sooooo proud of yourself and them!

Jill said...

Hope your computer issues are worked out soon! I would hate to lose all my pics too. I don't have mine backed up either. Now, I'm thinking I'd better do it!

Good luck!