I am officially on spring break, and while I had a rough day on Friday (rough afternoon with a student, and then the realization of how much work I needed to grade over spring break), I am now happy to have this coming week off.
What is spring break? It's a time when students get excited and teachers REALLY get excited. This week I get the chance to recharge my batteries. I look forward to sleeping in beyond 5:45 a.m. I look forward to having a cup of coffee, maybe even two if I feel like it. I look forward to reading a little, grading a little, and shopping a little. I look forward to time to cook dinners and try new recipes. I look forward to spending the day with my dog and cats. I look forward to going to lunch with friends if I want to, because I can. I look forward to not having to pee when the bell tells me I have to pee. I look forward to not checking my work e-mail.
I look forward to taking time this week to do things for ME.
Walk of Hope Week!!!!
10 years ago
3 comments:
Enjoy every minute of your break (except maybe those minutes when you're grading papers!) I hope you have lots of fun. My break is next week. I've been home with Steve as he was recovering (he couldn't be by himself for the first week.) I'm going back to work tomorrow but I'm already looking forward to having the week after off. Not that we're going anywhere -- it will just be nice to do the kinds of things that your mentioned.
Teachers work HARD. It's so nice to have time to recharge. Enjoy it!
Good for you! I hope you do manage to find the time to get some relaxing in!
Have a wonderful, relaxing time, Sweetheart. You certainly do deserve it - and more. I love you, Mom xoxox
Post a Comment